With the latest update to ISJW we’re excited to be able to introduce a new, more comprehensive shipping system for the items available in your shop. This tutorial will give you tips on how to best set these features up.
The new settings include the use of Shipping Classes which allows sellers to create postage pricing depending on where a buyer is in the world. Here’s how it works:
Enable Shipping On Products
Select A Shipping Class
Once you’ve selected the shipping class for your item, you can finish adding in the remaining info and save your product.
Find the shipping settings for your shop
You will find on this page different location zones around the world that you can set shipping prices for. You can set a postage price for each shipping class depending on where a buyer is located using these settings.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we’re going to set shipping prices for buyers located in Australia. You can see in the image above, that no shipping methods are set for this location.
If a buyer from Australia tried to purchase from our shop before we added shipping methods to that location, they would be unable to finish the purchase as shown in the photo to the right.
So it is very important to set shipping methods for each location that you’d like to reach buyers in.
Edit a Shipping Zone
On the page, you’ll see two available settings options: Limit your zone location and Add shipping method.
Limit Your Zone Location
You can also leave this turned off if you don’t need to limit locations that you sell to in this country.
Add Shipping Method
- Flat rate: allows you to set the shipping costs yourself.
- Free Shipping: allows you to offer free shipping based on a minimum order amount.
- Local Pickup: allows you to offer a local pickup option & decide if you’ll charge a fee for this.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we’ll be focusing on Flat Rate shipping settings.
Edit Your Shipping Method
- The cost for this method is going to be based on “first class” shipping rates, so I rename the shipping method to “First Class 3-5 Day” for Australia so we know that these are first class rates.
- The First “Cost” option is for Handling charges, and will be added to the other prices on the page to make the total shipping cost. If you don’t plan to charge handling fees, you must set this price to 0.00. (Do not leave it blank)
- At the beginning of this tutorial, we put our item in the “Medium Items” shipping class, so that is the shipping class that I add the price to.
Quick TipMy item weighs 16 oz. According to USPS, “First Class” shipping for a package of this weight from my location to any location in Australia will cost $4.75. This is why we entered $4.75 as the cost and labeled this shipping method “First class 3-5 Day.”
- You can leave shipping methods that you aren’t using yet blank, and come back to add pricing to the later when they are in use.
- Calculation type allows you to decide how buyers will be charged for items in your shop.
Per Class shipping: will charge buyers shipping for each individual item they purchase from your shop, even if they purchase more than one item from you. (If a buyer is purchasing 1 notebook with $4 shipping and a pen with $2 shipping, it will charge $7 shipping for the entire order.) This can become expensive for the buyers depending on the items that you offer.
Per Order Shipping: will charge buyers for the most expensive shipping option available if they are purchasing multiple items from you. (If a buyer is purchasing 1 notebook with $4 shipping and a pen with $2 shipping, it will charge $4 shipping for the entire order.) This allows you to group all items into 1 flat shipping rate.
It is up to you to decide which pricing method will work best for your shop!
After you’ve added all the pricing, just hit save settings and you have your first available shipping method!
What Buyer’s See
The shipping costs are based on the pricing you set for the shipping class you picked for your item! In this way, you can customize & have greater control over the price of items in your ISJW Shop.