Help, I can’t upload my product images!
When I upload my images, I get an “HTTP error” or the image just doesn’t upload. What can I do?
An HTTP error happens when your connection to the website expires because an image size is too large and takes too long to upload.
When a smartphone or tablet takes a photo, the default size of that photo is approximately 3264×2448 which is too large for uploading to the website.
If we allow too many friends to upload large image sizes, we won’t be able to maintain the website costs and the website will run very slowly so we must put limits on the image file sizes.
Sometimes, the error can appear just once, for a particular image, but if it persists, here are some things you can do to fix:
- Decrease the image’s size. Don’t add a 2000 x 1500 image, for example. Most product images on our site only appear as 700px wide or smaller. Don’t add an image larger than that.
- Change the image’s extension from .png to .jpg, or vice versa, then upload it again.
- If on a iOS device, take a screenshot of the photo (press the Sleep/Wake button and the home button at the same time) and use the built in ‘edit’ feature to crop out everything but the photo material.
- Use an online photo editor like PicMonkey to resize & re-save your image. Then Upload.
- Make sure you don’t have an apostrophe in the image file’s name (e.g. mary‘s-wedding.png), because that will trigger the error as well.